Sunday, October 2, 2011

Someone asked...

I have worked non-stop from August 29th through to September 30th.  I have worked more than 7 Double shifts and have only the 6th and 7th off. Nine clients and I ahve staffed others at positions I couldn't fill due to existing obligations, allowing me to spread the wealth.

 I have touched Oil to canvas onto a painting I had started over 15 years ago, I have bought an easel for this painting in which I had never owned one prior.  My stroke has returned but my tonal shading is indeterminate at this time.  It will return as well, the magic of Oil is its forgiveness and ability at which corrective action can be taken, At least for me.  On the upside I am making money and can now purchase items to help me with my painting.  As this piece is a monochrome and I have all the paints I need, Various tubes of Zinc White, Non Yellowing White, Charcoal Grey and Blacks.  My Brushes which are sacred to me have been kept in a cup of Mineral Oil and have kept their suppleness and ability to be kept clean. The painting is of a perspective taken from Nicholson's Mathematics from the early 1800's.  I bought large clamps from Staples for about 3dollars and 59 cents to hold the scanned images of the original drafting around this very large canvas for a view of what it is I'm copying.  The plan is to draw in My daughters faces onto the back wall of the perspective.  By the time I finish the shading of the objects, my skill of tonal rendition will have returned.

My Fairy tale that I am writing The Bee and the Wolf has come to a screeching halt.  I was handwriting it, and now I have to Type it, correctly formatted and allow it to be submitted electronically to different agencies.  In all honesty I am reconstructing the conclusion, the words have yet to hit the page.  When so much time has been taken off in between installments, the ability to write tonally as well I fear may be at the mono-linguistic stage, thus my willingness to put this blog out there, to recapture my speaking writing voice.  Hopefully returning to plain and simple with my delivery.

May the wind be with you and always have your back, may the underside of your pants bluster only when your step is light and the fury of humor has taken your side.  When your step is lightened and your need to be reminded that to be incensed by hatred can be forgiven with a woeful smile.

Carry On can mean so many things!!, considering the degree and nature at which this instruction has been given.  This to me begs of the proper use of Grammar and why it is taught. For if we are to read into a situation, that is, put into words a conflict, and then have these words properly understood, the nature in which the persons and persona involved in the unfolding of this story, than Grammar can and needs to only be our guide. Proper Grammar is not the use of well constructed sentences but the sword in which we overcome Ignorance and Prejudice.  Arm yourselves at a young age and the world is at your feet.  Punk you out there,

2 comments:

  1. Tusk, after more than four months of silence, I sure am glad to read your update, although the meaning of "punk you out" eludes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry snow, That was meant to end in a question mark. As in... Punkchopsticks you out there?

    ReplyDelete